<$BlogMetaData?$>

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Work, The Pod, And The Dinner

The work bloweth mightily, as one might expect it to after a 4 day weekend, but I just went in and did my thing, tried to mind my own business and do my orders like a good little drone. Of course we had someone out sick today, in addition to two people being scheduled off, so it was a little tight, warm body-wise. Then the bitch who seems to think she and I are real good buddies made a point of joking that I wasn't doing anything, right in front of the boss this afternoon, and things began to get a bit sideways. "Oh, friend, I thought you'd left, I couldn't find you for awhile, I thought you didn't want to work on tomorrow's orders or something."

Right in front of the boss, who then says "Oh, we need to be working ahead as much as we can."

No shit.

"Actually, " I said, to all those present, "I went to use the bathroom, and can give you vivid details of the event if you'd like, I wasn't aware that we had started making announcements about that sort of thing."

I walked away to alleged friend's protestations of how she was only joking, pausing to add "Yes, well, it'd be a different matter if you didn't make a point of 'joking' about it in front of our boss, wouldn't it?"

It'd also be a different matter if our boss and I, gossip that she is, hadn't had a few different conversations about how this same co-worker will sell anyone out in a heartbeat just to make herself look better.

The end of the day then brought the revelation that the boss thought my asking for yesterday off meant I was giving up my Wednesday off instead.

Au Contraire, Mon Bitch.

I explained in a very simple lie that I had already made plans for tomorrow, and that I thought she understood that I was only interested in working four days a week. She maintained that I had misunderstood, but that it was "okay, she guessed" in a vain attempt to guilt-trip me about it.

Better luck next time, lady, you should've gotten to me back when I still had a soul.

The Pod rocketh out with its cocketh out, with new stuff from all the usual suspects, (Cool) Shite, The Reel Horror Podcast, Night Of The Living Podcast, DVD Weekly Podcast, and an older Rue Morgue Radio that I'm still getting caught up with.

Dinner with another couple this evening, we had Thai now that our favorite restaurant is open again, and then home to settle in and try and write something.

This crap is all that I could muster, I apologize in retrospect for wasting your bandwidth this evening.

Be seeing you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 comments:

Blogger LoudMouthBitch said...

Au Contraire, Mon Bitch.

Oh, my God... I have that thought every day of my life with a certain co-worker.

Great Blog!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:18:00 AM  
Blogger Robbb said...

i'm stealing that one too mister man. thanks.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Yeah.

I'm liking your standing of the ground there.

Your place sounds like an adders nest of political undercurrents.

But you're not getting swept away.

'Swept Away.'

Urgh

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:45:00 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

What I'd like to know is why the Thai restaurant was closed.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:47:00 AM  
Blogger sKincarver said...

Man, you should open your own shop just to piss these people off...but then again, your blog would go to shit.

Is that "our" Thai restaurant, my friend? I miss that place.

On last weeks Rue Morgue Radio they hammered "Lady In The Water". That shit had me rolling.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Mob said...

LMB: Sorry to hear that the state of the workplace is so universal, but I guess it makes for interesting writing sometimes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ultra: My shop seems to be a weird series of power struggles that amount to nothing at all, and it's long ago come to my attention that I don't need to be able to tell someone what to do just to make myself feel better. Everyone else at the job, well that's a different story...

Dale: Thankfully no health code violations, just a simple family trip back home that they take once or twice a year, but you never notice how often you eat at a place until it's closed for a month.

Skin: I've only gotten to the halfway point in that one, but I had a feeling they'd hate it, just from the intro they had, mocking all the creatures names.

And yes, it's 'our' old place, still riddled with the same patrons of rich middle-aged business criminal assholes and white-trash families.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Mob said...

PS: and Robbb, steal away, daddio.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Shroom-Monkey said...

kick that bitches ass, Mob. Or make a giant pit of rose thorns and toss her ass in it, a la the needle pit in Saw 2. That would kick ass. I hate suck ups-

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Mob said...

Shroom: Loved the needle pit idea in that film.

The weird thing is, as I've stated many times, we have a few apple polishers, and then we have me, the most insubordinate fucker at the store, and we all get the same privileges.

I've often referred to it as 'ass-kissing their way to the middle'.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Anomie-Atlanta said...

But, Thai will make it all better! I think you should use voodoo on the bitch.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ellen Aim said...

Au Contraire, Mon Bitch.

That thought popped into my head today mid-work-day and I had to smile.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Mob said...

Anomie: I think Thai makes a lot of things better. I'm looking into a lock of hair, I'm afraid if I went for blood for the doll, I'd not be able to stop.

Ellen: Even when I can't be around you guys, I'm there in spirit.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home