Well the good news is that I'm not hunting and pecking this from a jail cell with someone in on a murder beef trying to massage my shoulders as a hamfisted form of foreplay. We did indeed go to the DPS early this afternoon, I actually made certian I didn't eat lunch before hand, as I know I get pretty grouchy when I don't eat, and figured if these people wanted to be dicks, I should bring my 'A' game. The DPS waiting room is akin to walking into a fucking freak show that you didn't know was there, and I nearly said some sort of expletive when I dropped by wondering eyes onto the random assortment of humanity sitting, patiently holding their precious numbers that they hoped against hope that one of the two employees working would soon call. Seriously, two fucking employees
, I shoulda tried to rally the great unwashed and destroy whatever we found behind their precious counters. We sit down with our number in hand, and I'm immediately greeted with a poster
of a horrifically burned person who looks like one of the villians from The Hills Have Eyes
re-make, informing us that the victims of drunk driving don't always die.
Holy shit, a bit more of a gruesome message than I was expecting, and then as I start taking in the room, we have a girl immediately across from us renewing a license whose eyes I swear to fucking God faced completely different
directions, in the manner of a fish, and there's another guy so obese, he barely fits into the wheelchair his equally corpulent relative is guiding him around in, and I'm left wondering how the fuck they peel him out of that chair to even drive whatever it is he's needing a license for.
And then we're up, and I'd now love to pursue a career in some sort of government work where telling people "I'm sorry, we can do nothing" and shrugging with half hearted sympathy actually passes for doing your job.
"We ordered a driver's record over two months ago, and still haven't received it, what are we supposed to tell a judge at the end of the month?"
"I'm sorry, but you need to call this office in Austin, this is the only number for the public, we can't help you here."
"I understand that
, but if they never pick up at this number, which has been our experience, what are we supposed to do at that point? Will the judge accept the fact that we've tried
to order the records?"
"No, you have to take the records."
"Which you guys can't give us
and they won't send
. Is there anything else that we can tell them?"
"No, you have to take the records, and we can't help you here. You need to call this number."
"Yeah, we're getting that
, okay? But you can't give us the records here, and since all you can
give me is a shrug, you are of no use to me at all, but I suppose I appreciate you wasting my time here. Thanks a lot."
I actually had fucking heartburn
when I left there, ladies and gentlemen, I was so fucking aggravated, and K began the useless dialing process with the Austin number as we walked out, adding loudly "Wow, that lady was kind of a bitch." which makes me laugh out loud, because my wife doesn't usually get that pissy with people.
I personally sat on the phone at our next stop, so K could talk freely with one of her people she volunteers for, and eventually got ahold of a real live fucking person after a 24 minute wait
, and we now allegedly have a second copy of said records on their way to us for arrival within 5 business days. This is also what they said the first time, so I'll believe it when I see it.
Ran a shitload of errands, and eventually made our way back home, checked out the e-mails and stuff, saw this cool pic from the next Frank Miller
film adaptation 300
online, which I ran across via Filmrot
I'm currently charging up the Pod with all manner of new stuff for the workday tomorrow, I'm curious what the day will hold, I haven't been there on a Thursday for a few weeks.
We watched a couple of flicks this evening, Evil Dead Trap
and Land Of The Dead
, which I had seen before. I hope I don't burn the wife out on the whole horror schtick before the month is over. I also watched the first annual Scream Awards
that I'd TiVo'd last night, which was kind of cool, I enjoyed that they gave out awards for comics stuff, and actually honored Frank Miller himself, but some of the awards, such as Favorite Scream Queen going to Kate Beckinsale
, for Underworld: Evolution
was a little puzzling, as she doesn't so much scream as she beats everyone's ass
in that film, but whatever, it was nice to see a horror-themed awards show on television.
Everytime I think I'm out they drag me back in.....I had actually posted when I ran across this:Angela
has apparently 'tagged' me, which from what I gather in the blog-world is akin to those silly-ass information request chain-letter things that used to fill up my inbox until I stopped answering them altogether and began simply sending a virus back to those who forwarded it, but since I've only received one of these, I figure what the fuck, I'll play ball and even 'tag' a few people, but nowhere near as many as she did, because on the web, as in real life, I have very few friends
1) Would you bungee jump?Hell no, and thankfully, the wife's already done it, so she won't be trying to con me into doing it either.
2) If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be?I'd love to be paid to write this silly anecdotal crap I blog about for a living
3) Your favorite fictional animal?Mathew the Raven from the Sandman stuff
4) One person who never fails to make you laugh?sKincarver
5) When you were 12 years old what did you want to be when you grew up?A comic book artist.
6) What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?Get licked in the face by the Yorkie, the alarm goes off and it's go time for her.
7) Have you ever gone to therapy?No.
8) If you could have one super power what would it be?Super speed, I feel like I waste a lot of time on various projects, it'd help me out a lot.
9) Your favorite cartoon character?Peter Griffin
10) Do you go to church?Only on holidays
11) What is your best childhood memory?Summers playing with G.I. Joes in the backyard.
12) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?No.
13) Do you own a gun?No.
14) Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?Not that I'm aware of.
15) Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?No. Fuck, I'm boring, why in the hell was Angela curious to hear my answers, anyway?
16) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?Face usually, the smile is key, if it doesn't quite reach the eyes, they seem very disingenuous to me.
17) What is your biggest mistake?Getting up most mornings.
18) Say something totally random about yourself.I started blogging because a guy I disliked on a forum had a link to his own blog, and I read a few entries and thought, man I could totally kick that writing's ass.
19) Has anyone ever said that you looked like a celebrity?Yeah, I get a weird split between Nicholas Cage (which I think is based on mannerisms I have, not necessarily looks) and John Cusack, which I can sorta see, dark hair and a kinda flat face...
20) What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?As a Christmas gift last year, the wife, unbeknownst to me, took a camera out to my parents old home, which is now over-grown and abandoned, and took a series of arty black and white photos, and placed them in a large trunk she had bought for one of my gifts, because she knew I wanted something to store all my little saved stuff from our life together, movie tickets, and little souvenier-type items. I was completely surprised, and very touched, especially now that the house was eventually levelled.
21) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?Sometimes.
And as I said, I don't have a whole helluva lot of people I think would feel comfortable bothering with this, and if those that I do don't
feel like playing in the reindeer games, that's cool too, I doubt I'll do this again, but I figure everyone should give it a whirl once.
Therefore, I tag:sKincarver
, cause it'll probably annoy him.Yasamin
, cause I think she'd get a kick out of it.Ultra Toast Mosha God
, cause he's my only bloggin' buddy I've met in person, and I don't think he's done this type of thing on his blog.Ellen Aim
, cause she's only trying to settle into a house and finish planning a wedding, so I figure she has plenty of time to jack with this type of thing, right?
I'm going to let Shroomy
slide, 'cause I think I recall her saying she didn't want to do these anymore, but I did think of her as well.
Be seeing you.
Labels: 300, Amusing, Annoyance, DMV, Evil Dead Trap, Land Of The Dead, Movies