<$BlogMetaData?$>

Friday, June 25, 2010

"I Don't Like The Look Of That V-GNY"

In keeping with the common theme of late: I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, then slept in longer than I intended to. I felt a bit ashamed of my pizza gorging last night, so I dressed and headed out to grab something light like a salad or something for my lunch, then arrived back at the house just as the wife got home from her now standard battery of bullshit meetings which had eaten her entire morning. We caught up, then I chilled out in the den with some TiVo'd Futurama, catching up on the Comedy Central re-run of the last straight-to-DVD movie, then the first 2 episodes of the new season.

No Humans Were Probed In The Making Of This EpisodeI would have to say that Futurama is one of those shows that has snuck up on me, as I've never exactly sought it out, but if it's on, or if TiVo suggested it, I'd give the show a look, and now I think I may just have to watch them as soon as they come out. It's got an interesting tone that I would be hard pressed to describe, mixing modern sensibilities with oddly over the top future visions to a wonderful effect. But they're not above the casual low-brow joke here or there; the title of tonight's post was nicked from one of the episodes last night.

The series of episodes and my late rising basically ate up my day, so once I was caught up on those I hopped online for a bit, adding a few more titles to the Swap A DVD site and marking a movie I'd received as such so the other guy would get his 'credit' for sending it. I also realized that I had an extra copy of a Blu-ray film that I could get a couple credits for on this site, which would get me closer to picking up a boxset of stuff that I had been eyeing, so that's cool, as some dude has already requested it. Looks like I'll be at the Post Office again this coming Monday.

His Soul Is Still Dancing!The wife and I ordered in some food this evening and watched the Blu-ray of Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans off the old To-Watch Pile. The film was really fun, though as enjoyable as it is watching Nicolas Cage chew scenery, I'm curious how it'll feel on repeated viewings, knowing the directions it takes. There were just a few bits that felt odd to me in their tone during this initial viewing, but knowing that they're coming might allow me to enjoy it more on a 2nd look.

We wrapped the evening with The Soup, then I put the wife to bed watching some special about Michael Jackson still being dead and headed to the web to work on this and make my usual evening rounds.

Be seeing you.

Tag, you're it, Baggy Eyes! , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Blogger El Vox said...

Cage has been in so many films it's hard to keep count, but overall he generally does a pretty good job in the roles he takes on, not that I've enjoyed or care to watch all the movies he's been in. I'd wondered how Port of Call compares to the original movie with Keitel.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mob said...

It's great fun, more over the top on occasion than the Keitel film, but not as nihilistic as the original by a long shot.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home