<$BlogMetaData?$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Mutant Penis, Teen Sex And Adopted Brothers

The wife had decided today would be the day to call out some Plumbers to check out the toilet in the bathroom off the Library, as well as our perpetually slow-draining shower, which naturally meant that today was the day I'd decided to sleep in a bit late, so I ignored the odd calls on my cell and tried to go back to sleep. I finally got up to see what the deal was when the phone rang about three times from the same weird number that I've never seen, finally leaving a message on the third try. At this point I notice that the wife had texted me to explain that there'd be repair guys calling and things started to make a bit more sense.

I called the guy back, he was unsure if he'd be able to get out today but said he'd try, so I made sure he'd try my cell before he just dropped in and then I started gathering up my crap to run a couple errands. I dropped off the little magazine at Grandmother's house, pausing to visit with a couple of the wife's Uncles who were there, then mailed something at the post office for the little Swap A DVD thing and dumped off the rest of the recycling that I'd skipped over Monday. I picked up a sandwich for my lunch and headed home on the assumption that I'd have the afternoon free to try and watch a movie.

A Match Made In Hell!The wife was home when I got in, so we caught up on our respective day out, then she was about to retire to the bedroom for a bit while I watched Bad Biology from the To-Watch Pile. This would of course be when the Plumbers decide to call to see if they could get to us this afternoon, meaning I'm 15 minutes into the film and need to pause it, because I figured that a movie about a woman with a mutant vagina meeting a guy with a sentient penis might weird out the average person wandering through the house. The Plumbers came and went, snaked a drain and scouted out the toilet situation on the bathroom on the far side of the house, where they'll be installing a new toilet tomorrow.

I finished my movie, which was patently ridiculous and fun, the wife headed out to a meeting so I spent some time dicking around with the computer, which appears to be working smoothly again as I type this late in the evening.

The wife got home with some dinner while I was finishing up a re-watch of American Pie from the To-Watch Pile, then we ate and watched John Singleton's film Four Brothers, which neither of us had ever seen before. It was a decent enough little action thriller and won big points with me for using the theme from Trouble Man by Marvin Gaye. Fun stuff.

We called it a night around 10:30 and I was happy to find that the computer was behaving properly.

Be seeing you.

Tag, you're it, Baggy Eyes! , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home